Thursday, January 10, 2008

Justine Henin Happy to be Back in Australian Open

Justine Henin has back to the Australian Open after her shocking retirement from the Australian Open 2006 final with a stomach upset. Then last year, she withdrew herself from Australian Open as she was going to some personal problems relating to breaking up her marriage. So, Australian Open 2008 is a tournament that she might have been waiting for.

The world no. 1 is now playing in the Sydney International and has already made it to the semi final, where she is due to face world no. 4 Ana Ivanovic. Now, Henin fans are waiting to see their favorite player again in Australian Open.

International Herald Tribune reported:

"I left Australia with a strange feeling two years ago and I wasn't here last year, so its a great feeling to be back again," she said.

"I feel really comfortable about what happened and I have no regrets. I was feeling so bad. I wasn't healthy enough to play that match. It's pretty tough in a Grand Slam when you're not 100 percent to take your chances and take the opportunity.

"I wanted this title so much so it was tough, but I don't have anything to prove to anyone. I'm here because I love tennis."

Getting a bye and a walkover does not mean the Belgium is in poor form. Justine Henin won 8 WTA titles last year along with two Grand slam singles titles. Henin won the only Australian Open title in 2004. So, she will definitely try her best to win her second Australian Open title this year. Let us see, how far Justine Henin can go in Australian Open 2008 tournament.

No comments: