After the humiliating defeat in an innings margin in the first test at
Here in this post I am giving a list of things about the
1. The opening day of the second test delayed to be held because of rain. However, match was played only four days to be finished.
bounced back the series with the win in the second test at Galle International Stadium clinching and recorded their fist Test victory in this venue. In their last tour in August 2001, they lost to India by 10 wickets at this venue. Sri Lanka
team has inspirational performance in this venue that’s why it is called lucky ground for host team. They played 10 matches where they have won 7 lost 1 and drawn 2. They last defeated by Sri Lanka team by 8 wickets at Pakistan in April 2006. Kandy
4. After clinching a big win by 170 runs in the second test, they recorded their 31st victory away from home. They have played 207 away Test where they lost 87 and drawn 89.
5. Under the Test captain Anil Kumble,
played 11 away Tests from home. Statistical highlight of his career shows him as a perfect captain. Under his leading India won 3, lost 4 and drawn 4. Victory against India was the second under Anil Kumble’s captaincy in 6 Tests. Sri Lanka
6. Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh made his remarkable come back and spun
into a strong position taking 10 wickets against India at Galle International Stadium. For the first time, he has captured 10 wickets in a Test match on foreign soil. Sri Lanka
7. Claiming 10 for 153 in the second test, Harbhajan Singh has become the best by any Indian bowler in
. His figures at Sri Lanka are now best by visiting bowlers and the record of Australian bowling great Shane Warne’s record of 10 for 159 in 2003-04. Galle
8. He has provided himself the ninth instance by an Indian bowler to bag ten or more Test wickets in away from home, joining Irfan Pathan, Bishan Singh Bedi, Bhagwat Chandrasekhar, Erapalli Prasanna, Chetan Sharma, Venkatesh Prasad and Anil Kumble. Irfan Pathan got this success twice- once each against
and Bangladesh . Zimbabwe
Harbhajan Singh recorded his name beside Anil Kumble claiming ten or more wickets twice, first achieved the feat against
at Ahmedabad in 2005-06, in a Test match against Sri Lanka . Sri Lanka
9. Harbhajan Singh bagged his fifth ten wickets or more test in
at Galle International Stadium. He claimed it thrice against Sri Lanka and twice against Australia . Sri Lanka
Indian opening pair Virender Sehwag got his fifth double century, including two triple centuries, against
in the first innings of second test at Sri Lanka . He was unbeaten 201. He has also become the 10th Indian batsmen to have complete 5000 runs in Test cricket. He is the only Indian batsman to have scored triple century. Galle
10. Virender Sehwag was awarded Man of the match sixth time but first against
. Sri Lanka
11. Sri Lanka’s new bowling mystery become the first Sri Lankan to bag ten wickets or more in Test cricket in second test against India at Galle, bettering Muralitharan's 8 for 90 in 2001-02. He has become leading wicket taker after claiming 18 wickets at an average of 18.94 at a strike rate of 33.7.
12. Mendis has become the second Sri Lankan after Muralitharan to capture 10 wickets in a Test match at
. Muralitharan has accomplished the feat four times- once each against Galle , South Africa , England West Indiesand . Australia
13. Interestingly VVS Laxman got dismissed by Mendis in each innings of the
, SSC and Galle Tests. Colombo
14. Claiming 10 for 209, 6 for 117 in the first innings and 4 for 92 in the second innings, Ajantha Mendis produced his best bowling performance in a Test match.
’s 136 in the second test was lowest ever score at Sri Lanka . Their lowest score was 154 against Galle in 2003-04. Australia
16. Muttiah Muralitharan has 751 wickets at an average of 21.90 in 122 Tests. After taking the wicket of Indian wicketkeeper Dinesh Karthik in the second innings of second test at
, he has become the first bowler to capture 750 wickets in Tests history. Galle
17. Anil Kumble has made world record for most ‘Caught and bowled’ dismissals (34) bettering Muralitharan's tally of 33.
18. VVS Laxman has become the fourth Indian fielder after Rahul Dravid (175), Sunil Gavaskar (108) and Mohammad Azharuddin (105) to complete a century of catches in Test cricket achieved the distinction with Prasanna Jayawardene's catch.
19. Virender Sehwag’s 50 off 52 balls is his 14th fifty in Test cricket- his first against
. He has recorded a double hundred (201) and a fifty (50) in the same game. Sri Lanka
20. Muralitharan’s figure of 13 for 171 against
in 2000-01 are best by any bowlers at Gally. South Africa
However, dear fans I think most of you could see an exciting and nail biting test match between